Review and Swatches: IN2IT Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in WG02 Dark Brown
I wanted to wear an eyeliner that is not as striking as black for daytime look and something that can withstand the long office hours. I searched far and wide(LOL) for a good option, but only this IN2IT Waterproof Gel Eyeliner passed the criteria. I definitely thought that this is a pricey pencil liner. But since I’ve heard a lot of raves from various forums and blogs, I gave it a try. The first thing that really delighted me was the texture. I never have to tug on my lids in order to create a thin line, though I have a bit of trouble in creating a little, but defined wing especially if the liner is not that sharpened. You don’t want to always sharpen this thing because you’d want more value for your money.
Product Info: A smooth and soft gel liner, that glides onto the skin. The pencil shape gives balance making it easier to hold and apply. Quick drying, waterproof, and super long wearing. No running, no smudging, no panda eyes, no fragrance. Easy to apply and remove.
Availability: Can be bought locally at SM or at Watsons and online.
Shades: Black, Dark Brown and Aztec Gold
I tried wearing this without any primer on my lids and guess what my boyfriend said to me? “Did you sleep well last night? Because you look really tired.” I was like “Oh crap!” and calmly wiped my lower lashes with my handkerchief even if I was embarrassed. I asked him if the dark shadow was gone and he said yes. The liner ran down to the lower part of my eyes and gave me panda eyes! Thankfully this is dark brown so it’s not very horrifying as you would imagine. Lesson learned? Never put this on without any primer especially if you have oily skin.
The swatch on the left is swiped only once and on the right one is swiped about 3 times. It hardly moved after rubbing it for 5 times, but the color did fade and smudge. i swatched this together with Maybelline Lasting Drama Eye Pencil and the latter smudged more than IN2IT Waterproof Gel Eyeliner, which is also one of the reasons why I bought it. I love how creamy the product is. You can even use this as a base for a smokey eye makeup look. Fantastic, right? I also love the sharpener that it comes with. It doesn’t feel cheap at all.
I did roadtest this little thing using my Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and it was still intact after 8 hours without retouching, which is pretty satisfying for me because I’m not fond of retouching my eye makeup. I don’t use this on my waterline and lower lashline though, just on the upper lash line.
- Very pigmented; what you see is what you get. I don’t have to swipe over and over just to get the color that I want.
- It is creamy so you don’t have to tug on your poor lids while lining your eyes.
- It can be used as a base for dark or smokey eye makeup.
- Love the packaging and the sharpener it came with!
- It is easy to remove.
- A bit pricey for an eyeliner.
- Because it is very creamy, it needs a primer so it can perform well.
- Because it doesn’t budge quickly, it’s hard to remove the product.
- Limited color selection. I wish they have purple and blue.
- If you don’t want to waste a lot of product by sharpening the pencil, you can take an angled liner brush and swipe it to the liner and line your eyes using the angled brush. The color will just transfer because it is creamy.
- IN2IT has another variant of this one without the sharpener so if you don’t need the sharpener, better get it, because it’s cheaper.
- Set this with a dark brown eyeshadow to make it last longer.
Rating: 8/10. I’d purchase IN2IT Waterproof Gel Eyeliner again when I run out of this one.